Develop an e-commerce marketing strategy. If you’re running an online business then you certainly need to develop techniques to stimulate a lot of traffic to your site. More traffic to your online shop will not only increase leads but also conversions. The challenge is selecting which marketing strategy is right for your business. At this point in the game, there are just too many strategies to choose from. It can, understandably, feel overwhelming. The objective is to discover which strategy is ideal for you and therefore, ideal for your business. Develop an e-commerce marketing strategy.
Now is the moment to select effective marketing tactics and tools for your online business. But, what is e-commerce marketing exactly? We’re very glad you asked. According to Hubspot, “Ecommerce marketing is the act of driving awareness and action toward a business that sells its product or service electronically.” Cha-ching. Well, almost. In this article, we’ll be looking into how to develop a successful e-commerce marketing strategy. Additionally, we’ll discuss the four basic strategies, how to promote growth and how to build your e-commerce brand. Then we’ll have a look at basic business models for your online business. All branches hold equal weight when it comes to the success of your e-commerce shop. Now, let’s get the ball rolling and those numbers rising, shall we?
Develop an e-commerce marketing strategy
Your e-commerce marketing strategy is no small thing. Your strategy involves all the tactics you implement to drive traffic to your shop. Not only will it guide traffic to your site, but it will also guide you, as the business owner to achieve your goals. Your strategy will provide techniques to smoothly adapt your online shop to the changing market along the way. The strategy you develop will also set up each individual on your team with their particular targets and goals. We hope you’re ready to get to writing! You will absolutely need to draft out a detailed map of your goals, along with your plans for the present and future.
: Write out your plans and continue to develop the plan as you learn.
This plan is both for you and your team to understand where you stand and where you are going. You will learn which strategies have worked and which, well, haven’t. Pay close attention to those numbers and be ready to adapt your approach as the initial months go by.
In order to drive an effective marketing strategy, you will need an in-depth understanding of your consumer. This is an essential step for increasing leads and sales. Do your business a favor and do not skip out on this step. Get to know your target audience beyond a superficial understanding. If you understand how and why they search and shop, you will understand how to market to their needs and desires.
Considering the way things have progressed and how the market has changed, globally, it’s more valuable now than ever to launch and promote your services and products online. There’s no guaranteed formula for e-commerce success, but there are basic strategies and principles you can follow. Here are four, and then some.
Social Media Marketing
One of the most effective methods for reaching your target audience is through marketing your products and services on social media. When using social media to capture your audience’s attention, we recommend using captivating images. According to Statista, “As of 2019, the average daily social media usage of internet users worldwide amounted to 144 minutes per day.” And the numbers are only expected to rise. Captivating images is one of the first steps to luring your audience into your shop. If you’re a numbers guy or gal, now imagine this, “In 2020, there were some 233 million social network users in the United States, the equivalent of about three-quarters of the country’s population (Statista, 2020).” Your sales potential is looking pretty good if you ask us!
Email marketing usually involves companies who have established a mailing list with their customers. Generating a monthly or bi-monthly newsletter, or encouraging your customers to sign up to your mailing list is a useful marketing tactic. According to Statista, “In 2019, the number of global e-mail users amounted to 3.9 billion and is set to grow to 4.48 billion users in 2024.” That’s a fairly big market if you ask us! The only concern here is having a healthy amount of newsletters and emails go out before you overwhelm your client’s inbox. Flooding your customer’s inbox with sales and promotions may have the reverse effects than what you’re after.
Step Two: Voice!
Step Three: Values!
There are four main types of e-commerce business models you should look into. They consist of B2B, also known as business to business. B2C, also known as business to consumer. B2G, which is business to government. And lastly, B2B2C, which is, as you may have guessed it, business to business to consumer. Let’s have a look at each.
- (Christina Perricone, 2020) Everything You Need to Know About Ecommerce Marketing https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/ecommerce-marketing
- (2010 – 2020 Uhuru Network Texas)Guide to Developing an Effective eCommerce Strategy https://uhurunetwork.com/guide-developing-effective-ecommerce-strategy/
- (J. Clement, Feb 26, 2020)Daily social media usage worldwide 2012-2019 https://www.statista.com/statistics/433871/daily-social-media-usage-worldwide/
- (J. Clement, Jul 15, 2020) Number of social network users in the United States from 2017 to 2025 https://www.statista.com/statistics/278409/number-of-social-network-users-in-the-united-states/
- (99firms.com ,2020) Ecommerce Statistics https://99firms.com/blog/ecommerce-statistics/#gref
- (Lisa Smith, 9/21/2020)12 Goal-Crushing Ecommerce Marketing Strategies for 2020 https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/12/18/ecommerce-marketing-strategies
- (Jimmy Rodela 7/24/ 2015) 77% of People Read Online Reviews Before Buying: Are They Finding You? https://www.business.com/articles/77-percent-of-people-read-online-reviews-before-buying-are-they-finding-you/
- (Sujan Patel, 10/09/2017) 5 E-commerce Strategies to Increase Sales
- (William Harris, 2020 )How to Build an Ecommerce Brand That Outshines All Competition: An Actionable Guide https://www.sellbrite.com/blog/ecommerce-branding/
- (KATE HASSEY, 2-4-2019) 4 eCommerce business models, trends, & strategies you need to focus on for success https://www.elasticpath.com/blog/4-ecommerce-business-models-b2b-b2c