In-store shopping is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Especially in the last few years when we’ve all become more and more accustomed to shopping online. Even those of us who never liked shopping online has now come around to it. Some are even addicted to it! In the US alone, the eCommerce market is expected to hit $1 trillion by the end of 2022. That’s $1 trillion and that’s only when we consider the US market! The big question is, how to bring more customers and clients to your site to increase sales to a sizable degree? Especially after investing all that time and money into curating your perfect theme. Not to mention designing your website. You’re definitely going to want to show off your good stuff.
Photo Credit to Pexels
However, in today’s game, you’ll need more than a great inventory, with high-quality products and a seamless website. Today, you’ll need to battle your way up the search engine pages and gain visibility across the globe. Then how do we drive traffic to our websites and ensure our competitors don’t catch the big fish first? In this article, we’ll cover exactly how.
Can a Website Get Millions of Traffic to its Page?
It’s true, it is becoming more and more difficult to gain real visibility these days. However, with the right tactics, it is possible to drive thousands, if not millions of viewers and buyers to your custom eCommerce website. Even if you’re running a small business eCommerce platform, where there’s traffic, there’s flow. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. Well, when it comes to online shopping it’s exactly like that; Nothing to do with bumper-to-bumper traffic on the highway.
The issue now is that there is so much noise out there in cyberspace that it’s becoming more and more difficult to get noticed by algorithms. Oh right, and yeah, real people. However, once you gain a true understanding of how traffic works, and become a professional in the field yourself, then you’re not going to have trouble gaining Google’s trust. This means hauling in the crowds to your worthwhile website. That’s exactly why we’ve put together this list for you to gain a better understanding of how this whole traffic thing works and how to do it right.
How Can One Get Free Traffic to My Website
Believe it or not, there are a number of methods for attracting more traffic to your eCommerce website. And you know what? They are totally free. Especially considering how eCommerce shops have spent $12.5 billion dollars on ads in the US in 2019. It doesn’t matter whether you’re taking advantage of Magento eCommerce platforms or Shopify eCommerce platforms, you’ll certainly benefit from these free tips.
- Boost and Improve Your SEO
Your Search Engine Optimization is a major player when it comes to gaining more traffic to your site. The words we enter in the search bar are what are known as keywords. These keywords then get matched to websites with content related to those entered words. Any website that best matches those search words is what will take priority when it comes to the search engine results. The best method for this is by using long-tail keywords which are multiple-word keyphrases.
- Optimize your Website’s Performance
If your website is poorly designed or runs slowly on a tablet, phone or computer, then you’re not in good hands. You’ll have a high bounce rate if your website is slow and traffic coming to your site quickly exits it. Bounce rate will affect your SEO, signaling to Google and other search engines to knock your site down the list of competitors. Your average customer will spend less than a minute searching your website. If it’s a slow-loading page, you’ll bet they won’t stay longer than a few seconds, and certainly won’t make any purchases.
- Link Building Strategy
We absolutely adore link building as a strategy for improving your SEO and gaining more traffic to your site. Ideally, other websites would link your website to their blogs or articles. However, it also works the other way around. If you’re writing great and shareable content on your website, then others will want to use your website as a source of reliable information. This is a huge plus and something we should all aim for.
Photo Credit to Pexels
- Social Media
Oh, the world of social media. There’s no one who benefits more from social media than small and large businesses. That’s because everyone’s on it and there’s almost a 100% guarantee that someone will see your post. How likely they are to click on your post and go to your website is all up to how great your content and images are. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have quite a hefty audience. Let’s just say that Facebook alone is almost at 3 billion users as of 2022. The real gold is when you get someone with a lot of followers, like hundreds of thousands of followers. That will truly get your website a whole lot of visibility, plus a great reputation. Assuming they have something good to say about your site…
Social Media Tips:
- Make use of Instagram Stories
- Update your Facebook page regularly
- Make sure your branding is the same across all social media platforms
- Design your social media so that it looks professional and credible
- Use testimonials and product reviews to gain trust and popularity
3 Top Techniques for Driving Traffic to Your Ecommerce Website
We have a few of our favorite techniques for attracting traffic to your e-commerce site. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite methods so that your shop can start increasing sales to a more noticeable degree.
- Sales Campaign
Who doesn’t love a good sale, eh? When you create the right sales campaign you’ll have more visitors to your site. Not only will you gain more visibility, but you’ll have people shopping for longer. Which is a huge added bonus considering that not-so-friendly statistic we mentioned earlier. You don’t even need to give your audience a reason for your sale. However, if you can come up with something flashy then great!
Here are some of our pro-tips for creating a sales campaign:
- Have a Coupon Available Only on your website – offer special coupons and sales only available on your site. The likelihood of clients surfing and shopping your site dramatically increases. So much so that you’ll want to do this at least once every 3 months.
- Give them the rush – flash sales, or offering free shipping for a limited amount of time will give the right amount of pressure your clients need to make that purchase. Everybody loves a good deal and no one wants to miss out on those opportunities. If you’ve had customers who were debating on a purchase, this sale will severely encourage them to check out their shopping cart.
Don’t forget you’ll need to use your social media and other platforms for promoting those upcoming sales. It’s not like you can hang up a sign outside your website’s window. You’ll need your social media and the influence of others to spread the word.
Photo Credit to Pexels
- Email Marketing
You would be surprised at how highly clients and consumers respond to email marketing. 79% of business owners said email marketing was an important strategy for the success of their business. Email marketing is what will get you the highest return on investment, not to mention that it’s also totally free! It’s one of the most successful methods for directing your audience to your store for shopping. From the get-go of your business, you’re going to want to implement strategies for encouraging customers to subscribe to your newsletters. Some businesses even set this up before their websites are up and running.
Tricks for getting customers to sign up for your newsletter:
- Once your website is running perfectly, you can also promote sales for those who sign up.
- Add the signup form on your website’s footer, which will let them know when you’re running sales, promotions, and adding new products.
- Content Marketing
What is content marketing? Well, it’s when you generate content that offers engaging and insightful information that will attract your audience to your website. The idea here is to make your brand look both appealing and professional in the field. Blogs, videos, and infographics are the top methods for successfully implementing your content marketing strategies.
If you have a website up and running, then we sure hope you have a blog and a content writer on staff. It’s really a no-brainer the way it works. The more content you write, the more visibility you will have. It will increase the possibilities for backlinking (mentioned above) and will boost your SEO. The blog also serves as a way for you to engage with your audience that isn’t only about sales. It creates a dialogue and builds trust around your products and your brand.
Videos on your YouTube channel, website, and across your social media platforms are another way to increase visibility and brand awareness. The idea here is to create short, engaging, and educational videos about or related to the products you sell. The content for your videos is really endless. You can answer frequently asked questions, how-tos, or simply create interesting and aesthetic content related to your brand and niche.
This is where you’ll be able to publish informative and useful graphs and images relating to your customers, clients, and products. It’s also a way to show that you are a professional in your field. Other similar brands can then use your infographics as a resourceful resource for their websites. The key here is not to forget to add your logo to the images so that all those who see it know exactly where it’s come from.
2 Unbeatable ways to Bring Customers to Your Store
We know you probably have your hands full with all the insightful techniques mentioned above. However, it doesn’t end there. Not when the competition is fierce. So how do you rise above your competitors? Let’s find out.
Photo Credit to Pexels
- Run Polls and Surveys on Your Website
Running polls and surveys is one way to get your customers to engage with your website. Let’s face it, people love to talk and they especially love to talk about themselves. Some basic survey and user poll questions can be anywhere from, asking your customers which products they liked, to how their experience was. You can also ask how likely they are to recommend your products to others. Furthermore, you can also run a poll with all of your products and have users vote and review their top favorite products.
Something extra we like to do here is to offer discounts or rewards for those who share their reviews on their social media accounts. This way you can keep your former customers and gain new ones too. You can even use the results in your next newsletter and share them across social media for an added visibility bonus. Depending on which platform you’re using, whether it’s your custom eCommerce platform, Magento eCommerce platform, or Shopify eCommerce platform, you should look into the plug-ins they offer. Most will offer a plug-in for polls and surveys, which we feel are totally worth it.
- Pay Per Click Advertising
There’s a reason why both small and large businesses have been taking advantage of PPC advertising. That’s because it really works and it’s really worth it. You’ll want to start off small. This means that you’ll first use a small testing ground for PPC. Once you get a clear understanding based on your results, you can then launch a much larger-scale PPC campaign.
We’d recommend starting with the following PPC options:
- Google AdWords
- Yahoo Search Marketing
Google AdWords will help you achieve instant traffic. As soon as you pay you can see your ad in action, it’s quick and efficient. The others may take some time but are equally efficient at bringing in more traffic to your website.
1 Final Ways to Bring Traffic to Your Site
Most of our suggestions are free ways to effectively bring traffic to your website. Our last technique for gaining visibility is also a free technique. All of these techniques will serve you in the long run. Some of them might not be a one-man show but may require you to have other employees on your team, running your campaigns. Otherwise, you may overload and overwhelm yourself. That being said, this last technique might be of interest to you.
Answer Questions on Quora on Topics Relevant to Your Shop
On Quora, anyone can answer or ask questions on just about anything. Believe it or not, Quora has 300+ million active users monthly. This means that you can reply to existing questions, no matter how old they are, which are relevant to your market. When you answer questions professionally and informatively, you can drive thousands to your site, from just one platform. Through Quora, you can also have more people signing up for your newsletters since they’re interested in the content you put forth and potentially the products and promotions too.
How to Use Quora to Your Advantage:
- When answering questions, you want to make sure you’re answering questions that have a lot of action and that are related to your niche. When you enter the Quora website you can access their Top Pages report, which will help you find the highest-ranking questions. When you answer any of the questions on the report’s page, you’ll rank higher on Google, which is a nice little (big) bonus.
- If you want to get more specific and narrow down your options, then type in your keyword into the Include space.
- Use the AIDA formula when answering questions to appear like a reliable professional in the field.
- Attention: Capture your audience’s attention.
– Interest: Give your audience interesting facts to read.
– Desire: trigger their desire for knowing more and wanting the products or services you are selling.
– Action: Call to action. Make sure your answers encourage them to sign up for your newsletter, visit your site, follow you on social media, etc.
Photo Credit to Pexels
As you’ve just learned, there is an abundance of techniques that you can implement to increase visibility and traffic to your website. There’s a whole lot of competition out there, and if your competitors are on top of their game, then they might be in the lead. That doesn’t mean you can’t catch up or outrun them, but it does mean that you’re really going to have to do everything you can to attract more customers to your website. Without a brick-and-mortar shop, we lose that sort of community awareness and visibility initially. However, without that brick-and-mortar shop, we also lighten our load and alleviate a lot of unnecessary expenses.
If you have any questions or concerns on how to increase sales, then do reach out to us. We would love to hear from you and help out in any way our team of professionals can.
Other related articles you might like to read:
- 10 LINK BUILDING STRATEGIES THAT ACTUALLY WORK IN 2022
- HOW TO START A NEW WOOCOMMERCE WEBSITE – GET STARTED FAST
- STRATEGIES TO LAUNCH AN ONLINE STORE USING E-COMMERCE CONCEPT
- Reuters, (March 2022) https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2022-03-15/u-s-consumers-to-spend-record-1-trillion-online-in-2022-report#:~:text=U.S.%20Consumers%20to%20Spend%20Record%20%241%20Trillion%20Online%20in%202022%20%2D%20Report,-By%20Reuters&text=March%2015%2C%202022%2C%20at%208%3A11%20a.m.&text=(Reuters)%20%2DU.S.%20consumer%20spending,Adobe%20Analytics%20showed%20on%20Tuesday.
- Statista, (2022) https://www.statista.com/statistics/1182019/ecommerce-ad-spend-usa/
- Fitzgerald, (2022) https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/chartbeat-website-engagement-data-nj
- Data Reportal, (2022) https://datareportal.com/essential-facebook-stats#:~:text=Facebook%20is%20one%20of%20the,)%3A%202.936%20billion%20(April%202022)&text=Number%20of%20people%20who%20use,)%3A%201.960%20billion%20(April%202022)
- AllBusinessContributor, (2022) https://www.forbes.com/sites/allbusiness/2020/10/26/email-marketing-still-the-most-powerful-tool-to-take-your-business-to-the-next-level/?sh=2abbccf834bf
- Ruby, (June 2022) https://www.demandsage.com/quora-statistics/